Troubled Charlie Sheen Wants To Return ‘Men’ This Month

Written by Michael Lambarde on Feb. 06, 2011

Troubled actor Charlie Sheen, who stars in CBS’ number one rated comedy series Two and a Half Men, wants to get back to work this month, according to a spokesman close to the actor and the hit series. The 45-year-old actor remains in rehab but hopes to return to TV’s top-rated comedy by the end of February, publicist Stan Rosenfield said. That’s a “target” projection, Rosenfield said.

PHOTOS: Shots of the hotel room that Sheen was in a few months back where the hotel was completely destroyed due to excessive partying

The series halted production after Sheen sought treatment for undisclosed reasons following a 911 call and brief stay at a Los Angeles-area hospital last week. According to a tape of the 911 call, Sheen was said to be intoxicated and in pain. CBS and series producer Warner Bros. Television declined comment on Sheen’s intentions. But decisions about the show aren’t Sheen’s alone.

Producers intend to evaluate the situation before deciding whether to resume filming for the season, a person familiar with their plans said Thursday. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss details and spoke on condition of anonymity.

With uncertainty over Sheen’s return, CBS intends to use a combination of “Two and a Half Men” reruns and other sitcoms to fill out its Monday night schedule. The network has two unaired episodes of “Men” in hand, which are to be broadcast Feb. 7 and 14. Out of 24 episodes ordered for the season, 16 were completed.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.