Every year, millions of viewers tune in to the Super Bowl to not only hope to see a good game, but to also tune in and enjoy some of the commercials that advertisers produce and dish out millions of dollars to the network airing the big game that year. This year was no different with the Snickers, Brisk, Justin Bieber and Ozzy Osbourne commercials getting some of the most buzz.
In no particular order, here’s is a list of what we thought was the best commercials at this year’s 2011 Super Bowl game, which aired on FOX on February 6, 2011.
(1) Volkswagen: Volkswagen has two commercials, a one-minute spot featuring a little kid dressed as Darth Vader, and a 30-second ad for the 2012 Beetle, featuring the “Black Beetle” character rocking out to Jon Spencer Blues Explosion’s “Black Betty.” (click here to view the ad)
(2) Brisk Iced Tea: This commercial features a lesson from Ozzy Osbourne on “how to be normal.” (click here to view the ad)
(3) Captain Jack Sparrow: Johnny Depp is back as the roguish seafarer in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Walt Disney Pictures is unveiling a brand-new teaser in the third quarter.
(4) All in the Family: Kim Kardashian will be front-and-center in a Super Bowl ad for Skechers ShapeUps. (click here to view the ad)
(5) GUESS WHO: GoDaddy.com ad featuring Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels.
(6) E*Trade: The talking babies are back this year after the Lindsay Lohan controversy a few years back!
(7) HUNGRY?: Snickers, who featured Betty White last year, have put Richard Lewis and Roseanne Barr in their 30-second spot in the second quarter. (click here to view the ad)
(8) Bieber Fever Meets Bat Eater: Justin Bieber has teamed up with Ozzy Osbourne in a rather weird commercial for Best Buy. (click here to view the ad)
(9) VROOM-VROOM: General Motors makes a triumphant return to the Super Bowl with five commercials.
(10) Beer!: Anheuser-“Clydesdale”-Busch – the Super Bowl’s only beer advertiser.