Family members of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Russell Armstrong are considering suing the network that the series aired on, Bravo, according to Armstrong’s step brother Wade Jackson.
While talking to RadarOnline, Armstrong placed the blame of the death of his step brother on the network. â€śBravo is at fault and somebody needs to pay,â€ť Jackson said. â€śRussellâ€™s whole family was very close and theyâ€™re considering suing Bravo.
â€śRussellâ€™s dad doesnâ€™t want to talk about what happened to him with a lot of people, but everyone in the family thinks that Bravo is to blame,” he added. He also noted that he is “sure” someone within the family will be suing the network.
He didn’t just put the blame on Bravo, but also said that Russell’s estranged wife, Taylor Armstrong, is partly to blame because she is the one that allegedly pushed him to do the show in the first place. “He was really upset about the whole thing and told everyone in the family that he didnâ€™t want to be on the show,â€ť Jackson claimed.
Although Taylor is getting part of the blame by the family, she has apparently stepped up and and is taking charge of his memorial service.
The reality television star was found dead on Monday in the bedroom of his friend’s home in Los Angeles. On Wednesday, a Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office confirmed that his death had been ruled as a suicide by hanging as heavily rumored.
According to Craig Harvey, the Chief Coroner Investigator, Russell’s body was found hanging from rafters by an electrical chord, and was last seen alive on Friday, Aug. 12.
Bravo executive Andy Cohen issued a statement, expressing the network’s condolences for his loss. Cohen also admitted that the network doesn’t know how to go forward with the upcoming season of Beverly Hills, which Russell was apart of.
â€śWe’re all still trying to process yesterday’s very sad news, and looking at how to proceed with the series, which has finished primary production and was set to premiere on Labor Day,” Cohen said in a blog post. A preview video of season 2 that was previously on Bravo’s website has since been removed.