Roommate Shares Details On Mike Starr — Wrong Dose Of Drugs?

Written by Michael Lambarde on Mar. 10, 2011

Former star of the reality series Celebrity Rehab as well as Alice in Chains bassist, Mike Starr, who was found dead in his Salt Lake City home on Tuesday, was mixing methadone and anxiety medication so he could stay sober, according to a report by TMZ.com.

His roommate, who reached out to the celebrity website, said that Starr was mixing the two to control his anxiety issues. Starr, of course, was arrested in February for having six pills of painkillers called Opana and six pills of Xanax, an anti-anxiety drug. His roommate shared that he did a fine job of managing the amount of medication he took, but he may have mistakenly taken the wrong dose of drugs and may have overdosed.

“Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober … I am going to miss him greatly,” his roommate shared about Star to TMZ. Mike has been fighting to stay sober since his former Alice in Chains lead singer, Layne Staley, died to overdose back in the year 2002.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.