50 Cent Claims He Took Down WorldStarHipHop, Website Returns Online

Written by Michael Lambarde on Jan. 25, 2011

Throughout last night, fans of the music website Worldstarhiphop.com became worried that the website they had become accustomed to had been taken down. Viewers, who often log on to watch “sponsored” rap videos, pregnant hooker fights, and dubious view counts did not show up as normal. Shortly afterwards, 50 Cent claimed responsibility to taking down the website himself on his Twitter account, which attracts millions of followers.

But soon afterward, he came clean with a call-in to Hot97’s Angie Martinez. In the radio interview, 50 Cent talked about the current site problems of Worldstar Hip Hop, and admits that contrary to his twitter-boasts, he didn’t actually shut down WSHH. But he does explain the tension between him and Worldstar is caused by an ongoing lawsuit. 50 Cent then went on to say that WSHH used his likeness on their site banner without permission and he thinks they promote negativity — which he says he’s no longer a fan of (click here to listen to the audio)

VIDEO: 50 Cent posts Youtube video of him screaming at the CEO of WorldStarHipHop.com

UPDATE: Q, the owner of Worldstar, also called in to respond to 50 Cent, and told Angie that the site’s problem has nothing to do with 50 Cent, the ongoing lawsuit, or the recent ICE takedowns of blogs. It’s a problem with his server. (now according to others, the problem may be from not responding to a content removal notice. As in, a complaint from someone to Yahoo about a copyright infringement that then resulted in a freeze.) Either way, it should have been apparent that this was not the same as the previous ICE seizures, because going to WSHH did not redirect you to a sign from the Federal government. (click here to listen to the audio)

UPDATE: The website returned live a little after 8PM EST on January 24th.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.