50 Cent Causes Twitter Controversy With WorldStarHipHop

Written by Michael Lambarde on Jan. 26, 2011

Popular rap and hip-hop website World Star Hip Hop was shut down yesterday and was back up within twenty four hours, after rapper 50 Cent rushed to his Twitter account to post claims that he was so powerful that he had caused Homeland Security to close the site down. “I don’t know why people underestimate me. I just shut down WorldStar. For future advertising contact thisis50.com suckers. I put WorldStar to bed, you don’t believe try me and I will shut your sh– down. Lol. I predict two more web sites will shut down this week. Take a guess who they are. I’m sick of the hate. I’m too strong,” he posted to Twitter.

VIDEO: 50 Cent posts Youtube video of him screaming at the CEO of WorldStarHipHop.com

The rapper went on to Tweet, “I want to thank howard gordon and the good folks over at homeland. hahaha suckers your move. Send you video to boobooTV.com my self and @FloydMayweather have provided a new site you no longer have to pay. I never lose q should have know better. He cant afford to go back in forth with me. Send your videos to boobootv@gmail.com this is the new worldstar baby. Send Q from worldstar your condolences. If you care give him a call at 1646 270-****.”

50 Cent then called in to radio station New York’s Hot 97 to make further claims, “I took a lawsuit… we’ve been through the process for a while,” he said. “Two weeks from now we’ll be in mediation to find out exactly how much they owe me. They’ve been advertising me on Worldstar for two years straight. They used the ‘I Am Robot’ image at the top of the site and my head was on the actual robot. Away from that, them encouraging disrespect on every level possible.” But then in a confusing, yet telling statement, the rapper said, “I didn’t shut them down. If I rob a bank I wouldn’t tell you I did… [but] maybe I did. It’s up to the public to decide,” according to a report by ‘The Juice’.

But within minutes of the claim by 50 Cent the CEO of World Star, who is named ‘Q’, called the station and added their own explanation of the events. “It’s a technical difficulty and has nothing to do with 50 or homeland security or hackers,” he said. “We’re more or less having difficulties with the site itself as far as our server. We’re getting so much traffic we constantly have to upgrade. We were down in ‘07 because we got hacked. We got hacked last year and we’ve also had problems with our bandwidth before,” he added. At that time Q said that the website would be back up within 24 hours, and today, it was.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.